• Type VERNUM and hit enter on the keyboard
This will give you the version of AutoCAD you are running however you will need to
discuss this with a Technical Support Agent due to the fact these are build numbers not Updates or Service Packs
• However the easiest way in versions prior to 2010 is to select the Help Pull down
then Select About AutoCAD (Or other product name Map 3D, Civil 3D, Etc)once the Dialog is open select Product Information You will have a listing for the updates loaded in the second field from the top on the left hand side.
(Note: in 2009 the updates are as follows Update 1 lists as update 2, Update 2 as Update 3, Update 2.1 as 3.1 and Update 3 as Update 4)
• In the 2010 version this is no longer shown. you must find this under Add/Remove programs.
To find out the service Pack Level go to
- Windows XP: Start->Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs->Enable Show Updates at the top
- Windows Vista: Start->Control Panel->Programs and features->Click View Installed Updates.
Any update will be displayed under the AutoCAD Listing "AutoCAD 2010" or Vertical Product "AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010" "AutoCAD Map 3D 2010" etc.