Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Some Trouble with Trimble: Trimble install doesn't see my Civil 3D 2009

I have installed AutoCAD Civil 2009 and AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009. When I try to install Trimble Link it only finds AutoCAD Civil. I have tried removing AutoCAD Civil 2009 however it just says it can not find the Civil 3D System. So I have tried Clean installing AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009 and it still says it can not find AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009. How can I get this to work.

Trimble Support says to do the following:

Run Regedit and navigate to the following registry

key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\Hardcopy.

In this registry key you will see a number of entries with one of them being

'Autodesk\AutoCAD\R17.2\ACAD-7024:409'.

This is the AutoCAD Civil 2009 system reference.

Delete this entry, uninstall Trimble Link and reinstall.
Note:

Remember you must backup your registry before trying this.

Edit your registry at your own risk. Improperly editing the Registry can result in your operating system not functioning.

No comments: