There are multiple reports about a variety of Autodesk programs not launching that were able to launch the day before. If you are using Spy Sweeper/Webroot then the "adskscsrv.exe" may have been quarantined. Check your quarantine and look for an entry for "Trojan-backdoor-graypigeon" and see if it's related to the above file from the Autodesk folder structure "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Service". It also quarantines two registry entries under the same subheading.
- HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\services\autodesk licensing service\
Webroot (SpySweeper) has been contacted and has acknowledged that this is a false positive. They have a new definition that will be released soon, update your anti-virus definition. Webroot Support suggests the following steps.
- Double click on the Webroot icon to open the software
- Select the Home Tab.
- Click on Manage Quarantine.
- In the Manage Quarantine window select Trojan-Backdoor-Graypigeon
- Click on Restore Selected Item.
- You can then check for updates.
It should start fine now.If you need any assistance on this or any other issue, then call the Avatech National Support Center at 800-808-7645. Remember our contract holders come first and first time callers after that. If you’d like to purchase a support contract we can help with that too.