Anyway, yes, always upgrade the license manager when implementing new Autodesk Networked products.
The current version is 184.108.40.206 for the 2011 programs.
- Ensure you have the media (downloaded media counts) and you can access it from the license manager machine.
- Get a new license file from Autodesk at 800-551-1490 or go to www.autodesk.com/register and login (it should be the same login as your Subscription login) and retrieve it.
- If necessary, Combine your license files (check your license agreement!).
To quickly upgrade the license manager:
- Run LMTools and ensure you stop the service. I like to check the box for "force server shutdown" and click Stop a couple of times, then exit LMTools.
- Uninstall the license manager.
- Install the 220.127.116.11 license manager.
- Configure and start your service.
- Done! Under 5 minutes if you're really good and you don't have problems trying to stop that service.
Autodesk has developed a video with the exact steps to assist you in setup and configuration. You can go to: http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS13503006 and click the image to load up the video. The upgrade solution can be found at : http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS66079
If you need assistance upgrading and have a valid Avatech Support contract we can help! Call us at 800-808-7645.