These tools are great (if you can get them installed and activated). But we're receiving a lot of calls and emails on activation issues. So, I thought I'd help you all out here.
If you're on Autodesk Subscription through Avatech, then you activate through the Avatech Client Portal.
How to activate if you have not activated it yet:
- Login to the Avatech Client Portal at http://client.avatech.com
- Select the Software downloads link
- Click Generate AuthCodes
- Select your software in the dropdown, then click the "Generate AuthCode" button.
NOTE: Only click the Generate button 1 time or you could end up with fewer licenses.
- The web page should show you a code, select and copy it.
- Bring up Revit and click on a utility button on the "add-ins" tab.
- Paste the AuthCode into the Activate dialog (see image 2).
If you have tried the above and it still will not activate, do not try it again. This happens often with 64-bit systems. Check your email, you should have received an email from us. It may be in your spam or junk mail folder.
Another method is to activate manually using the email you've received:
- Open the email you've received
- Open notepad
- Copy and paste the license information into the new notepad file (Image 3).
Format it if needed...
Save the license file to your desktop and call it "Avatech.lic". Note: In notepad ensure you change the files of type to show "all files" instead of "*.txt" or it will append the .txt and call it Avatech.lic.txt and will not be recognized as a valid license file.
Copy the Avatech.lic file to your Avatech Utilities folder.
On a 32-bit system it should be in:
C:\Program Files\Avatech Solutions\Avatech Utilities 2010
On a 64-bit system it should be in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Avatech Solutions\Avatech Utilities 2010
Once it is located there, run Revit and try the tool.
If you've purchased the the Utilities from our website, then you should have received an email and can use that second method to activate it. Remember, check your spam or junk mail folder if its not in your inbox.
If you're having problems with this process, we can help. Call the National Support Center at 800-808-7645.