Anytime I receive a network licensing call this is one of the first questions I ask. It is so important because it is backwards compatible not forward compatible. So, a newer license manager can grant licenses for older license files but older license managers will not correctly grant licenses for newer license files. I have seen many times where it will grant a license, but there will be problems sometime in the future. Just try borrowing and returning a license and you'll probably find out quickly what I mean.
So, how do you find out what version you're running, that's easy.
- Launch LMTools
- Select About under the Help dropdown menu.
- Note the version indicated.
Ok so now what?
Compare your version to this table (click the table for a larger view).
NOTE: I do not recommend you use special characters in your folder names. Characters such as (but not limited to) &, # and $ have been known to cause the error -16,258 when trying to start the service.
Also keep the path short, a path length over 109 characters may cause the same error. See http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1054983 for details.
We can help if you need assistance! Call the National Support Center at 800-808-7645.

No comments:
Post a Comment