The known issues with using Autodesk Inventor 2008 on Windows Vista are listed below.
General Issues from Autodesk:
- OpenGL hardware acceleration is not supported.
- Some codecs cannot be used when generating AVI files.
- The Add-in Manager may not function if you change the status of Add-ins. You must turn off the User Access Control (UAC) and log on as an administrator.
- The Autodesk CAD Manager Tools cannot be used immediately after they have been installed. You must first install the Autodesk CAD application.
- You cannot select "Change" in Uninstall or change a program while the UAC is on.
- Inventor cannot be uninstalled if the UAC is on.
- The DWG file icons used for template files are not displayed correctly for non-administrator users.
- The files located in the Program Files folder can be edited using folder virtualization, but any changes you make to these files cannot be seen by other user accounts.
For the complete list of issues from Autodesk visit their support page.